What to Do After a Car Accident in Orange County
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, and it’s your first time, you may be confused about what to do after a car accident.
Most people have no idea what the proper car accident process is. Making sure you know the proper procedures after an auto accident will make your case go much more smoothly and avoid unnecessary stress and aggravation later.
In general, a car accident is what is legally known as a personal injury case. It is a situation where another party has caused damage to another party’s property (car) and/or their body.
As an injured party, you are entitled under the law to recover payments to cover:
- Your property damage (car and any contents that may have been damaged)
- Your medical expenses (hospital, chiropractor, medical doctor, therapist, prescriptions, over the counter medication, braces, supports, etc)
- Your loss of income (missed days or hours because of the injury, taking time off to see doctors for the injury, etc)
- Your loss of your ability to engage in or enjoy ordinary daily activities at home (recreation, child care, hobbies, self care, travel, etc) and/or at work (sit, stand or walk, type, lift, bend, etc)
- Your future medical needs if you suffer a permanent injury that requires long-term care
- Your loss of future earnings if you suffer a permanent injury that prevents you from doing the same type of work as you did before
So what is the proper car accident procedure? Read on here for a Step-by-Step guide: What to do after a car accident in Orange County